{{title}}

{{message}}

The DankDen Cannabis Community where cannabis enthusiasts come together.

My last grow went very well imo. Got about 2.5 ounces off the Sweet Black Angel and right at 3 ounces off the Blue Cheese. Both are fantastic smoke/meds. Wanted to re-veg them both to run again but the Blue Cheese didn't make it so this time I'm popping a new Indica dom strain to try out. This time it's a freebie from Blimburn Seeds, Grizzly Purple Kush (feminized). Other than the Black Cream Autos I ran a couple years back, this will be my first "Purple" strain.

Last time I cut off the nutrients too soon on the Sweet Black Angel because Samsara Seeds said it flowers in 7 weeks. I knew they weren't ready at week 5 so I kept feeding them up to week 7 and then cut the nutes off. I ended up pulling her at day 60 because her very densely trich covered sugar leaves were dieing off and I didn't want to lose them. This time I plan to let whichever clone I decide to go with (out of 8 in the cloner just to be safe) run until day 56 before I cut off the nutes to give her an extra week to finish off and see if I can get more of a couch lock effect out of her. She rocks my world, but isn't quite suitable for bedtime because she'll have you thinking too much for a while and that keeps me awake instead of helping me get to sleep. Anyway, so I plan to run the Sweet Black Angel an extra week this time (at least), and I'll be running an Indica dominant Grizzly Purple Kush beside her. I've made a 30"x 30" frame for a SCROG, just need to install the screws and thread the line. Got plenty of time to get that done before they're ready to flower. I dropped the Grizzly Purple Kush fem bean into a cup of water yesterday afternoon and this afternoon she's got a bit of a white tail sticking out so she should be ready to put into a solo cup full of my soil mix later tonight or in the morning I think. Hopefully this'll put the SBA clone and the new seedling both ready to transplant into #5 pots at the same time. Hopefully.

Set-up is still the same:

Tent- 32"x32"x71" Growlab. <------DO NOT BUY ONE OF THESE!!!! It has plastic corners!
Lighting- Mars Hydro 192 reflector LED (410-420w). Two 23w Reptisun UVA/UVB bulbs (only after week 3 of flower).

***They were vegged under the LED until 7 individual blue led bulbs burned out in my Mars Hydro panel. Since this was my 2nd Mars Hydro reflector panel that blew out blue bulbs before the panel was even 1 year old, I decided I no longer wanted to give Mars Hydro any of my money, so I bought a 400w HID rig and will run MH/HPS in my tent until I find a better option.

Soil mix- 50/50 Fox Farm Ocean Forest + Fox Farm Happy Frog soil mix with a bit of added perlite.
They'll be flowered in standard black plastic #5 nursery pots.
I use Fox Farm nutrients, with Botanicare Cal/Mag +, GH ArmorSi silicate additive, GH Liquid Kool Bloom, AN Ancient Earth Organic for an acid additive, and Humboldt Secret Golden Tree additive.

Because I use the FF soil mix, I do not feed anything other than Cal/Mag in veg. I flush about a week before flowering, and then start feeding from there.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or ask in this thread. I don't believe in holding onto trade secrets. Share the knowledge, share the love! We're all in this together and the Den is all about helping each other get better.
Last update on September 6, 10:24 pm by Tentfarmer420.
Subbed Wink
Dave's not here
Interested to see the grizzly purple kush. I love the flavor from my blimburn mango
jtgreen said...

Interested to see the grizzly purple kush. I love the flavor from my blimburn mango

Me too. It'll be my first real purple strain and I have loved the Kush strains I've run before. She poked her head out of the dirt last night, so she's off to a great start!
Quick update:

Grizzly Purple Kush is doing fine. She started out a little spindly because I had the CFL too high above her but she's straightened up now.

The clones aren't doing a lot, but two of them do have a root or 3. Maybe the rest will start popping them out soon.

That's about all I can add for now. It's just wait, wait, wait from here.
Tent update:

Look at that poor Sweet Black Angel mother in the back. She's not enjoying only having 2 little CFLs on in the tent and so far away from her, but that's ok, she's gone once I have some healthy clones in solo cups!

Here's the clones roots so far!
Awesome sauce! Subbed for this!
Get My Lungs Right!
2 days later...

First Sweet Black Angel clone goes into the dirt!

And looks to me like 2 more will be ready tomorrow!
Last update on July 20, 10:29 pm by Tentfarmer420.
And we're ready to begin. 3 Sweet Black Angel clones in the dirt, and doing fantastic. The Grizzly Purple Kush seedling is doing great as well. 2 of these clones will go to new homes in the local area if they come get them. 1 will be veg'd with the GPK and then scrogged out when they're ready.

Time for an update and some pics. So I still have 3 of the SBA clones. Unfortunately the timing just didn't work out for the local buddies to come get them so I guess 2 will be trashed once I make my final decision on which one to keep. The Grizzly Purple Kush seedling is doing fine. She looks a bit rough because she fell over when I had the CFL too high and she stretched a bit too much, AND about a week ago I think I screwed up and poured some water from my PH pen rinse cup into her and shocked her with too low of PH (edit: No I didn't. The GPK was just super sensitive to the nutrient charge already in my soil mix. She had nutrient burn practically her whole veg life until she got bigger and mature enough to handle it, then she finally stopped with the leaf burns.) All were topped about 2 days ago.

Anyway, here's what they look like so far.

Grizzly Purple Kush seedling:
Last update on September 25, 12:45 am by Tentfarmer420.
Well, I finally made my pick from the Sweet Black Angel clones and moved it and the Grizzly Purple Kush seedling into #5 pots yesterday, so veg has officially begun! Now I just have to keep watering them and training them to get ready for the scrog.

Here they are in their new homes:
New pics. Started doing some training on the Sweet Black Angel now. Trying to keep her short until the Grizzly Purple Kush catches up in height. Speaking of the GPK, she's starting to take off pretty good now.

Both:

GPK:

SBA:
New update pics. Almost a week later. Did a little more training this week on them both. Topped the Grizzly Purple Kush again all the way around.

Both:

Grizzly Purple Kush:

Sweet Black Angel:

New update pics. Almost a week later. Did a little more training this week on them both. Topped the Grizzly Purple Kush again all the way around.

Both:

Grizzly Purple Kush:

Sweet Black Angel:

Definitely sub'd up for this baby. Really interested in the grizzly purple kush. Who am I kidding, I like em both Smile

Nice work Tentfarmer420
Last update on August 18, 11:41 pm by CharmCity915.
CharmCity915 said...

Definitely sub'd up for this baby. Really interested in the grizzly purple kush. Who am I kidding, I like em both Smile

Nice work Tentfarmer420

Now sub'd Wink