{{title}}

{{message}}

The DankDen Cannabis Community where cannabis enthusiasts come together.

Great job Tent.10 ounces is awesome!How do they smoke?
newhempshire said...

Great job Tent.10 ounces is awesome!How do they smoke?

Not terribly impressed with the aroma and flavor of the Grizzly Purple Kush. It's pretty earthy, almost dirt like. Very little pine, skunk, berry, citrus, fruit, nut, pepper, or any other discernible terp profile we're all familiar with in the top strains. It reminds me a whole lot of some WW fem beans I picked up out of a really shady Amsterdam seed bank when I first started. It was decent smoke as far as medicinal effect goes, but very little in the smell/taste department. It was dried and cured exactly how I've always done it. There is a little bit of maybe a bitter fruity thing going on like the write up on the breeder's page claims, but it's real subtle. Mostly just dirt/earthy. I guess I'm mostly disappointed because I was hoping for a little bit of "purple/grape" out of a "Purple" strain and didn't get it.

The Sweet Black Angel turned out nearly identical to the last time with a few exceptions. This time it's more potent (and it was already fire last time). I also am picking up a bit of a peppery smell and taste from her that wasn't there last time under LED. The fuel is still there, but now it's more subtle and there's a spicy peppery note added in. It's positively delicious! And now after running her 5 extra days, she's fine before bed. This time she isn't making my head go crazy with thoughts, and I'm really happy about that!

The bad news is, with a 10 ounce harvest, I really can't grow again for probably about a year. I simply don't, and won't smoke this much flower fast enough to justify another grow anytime soon.

The bad news is, with a 10 ounce harvest, I really can't grow again for probably about a year. I simply don't, and won't smoke this much flower fast enough to justify another grow anytime soon.

Well let's see you have 280 grams ...SO if you start over from seed... it will take about 120 to get harvest time again...If you smoke 2 grams a day x 120 days = 240 you will have 40 grams left.... Giving you time to let the next harvest cure..Wink or I can help you smoke some tooWink
Dave's not here

Well let's see you have 280 grams ...SO if you start over from seed... it will take about 120 to get harvest time again...If you smoke 2 grams a day x 120 days = 240 you will have 40 grams left.... Giving you time to let the next harvest cure..Wink or I can help you smoke some tooWink

Actually, I have more like 400+ grams when you include about 1 ounce I have left of some White Kush I grew almost 2 years ago, plus about 1.5 ounces of the SBA, and about 2 ounces of the B.F. Blue Cheese left from the last grow.

Forgot to mention I still have about 3 grams of bubble hash I made out of those Sativas. smh... Yeah, I really can't grow again for a while.

I smoke like .4-.5 gram a night and stay HAF all night until I go to bed. lol It's nice to have a low tolerance.
Last update on December 5, 8:14 pm by Tentfarmer420.

Actually, I have more like 400+ grams when you include about 1 ounce I have left of some White Kush I grew almost 2 years ago, plus about 1.5 ounces of the SBA, and about 2 ounces of the B.F. Blue Cheese left from the last grow.

Forgot to mention I still have about 3 grams of bubble hash I made out of those Sativas. smh... Yeah, I really can't grow again for a while.

I smoke like .4-.5 gram a night and stay HAF all night until I go to bed. lol It's nice to have a low tolerance.

Damn!!Wink
Dave's not here
So the LED to HID experiment was a success?
Ipower, Apollo, Hortilux, Reptisun, Vortex, Phresh, G-lite, BPN Elite, Promix HP
muskbud said...

So the LED to HID experiment was a success?

I'd say it was. My temps were really pretty much the same, or actually cooler (tent wide), while about the same at canopy level with both the MH and HPS bulbs in. So that makes me really happy. I only started growing with LED initially because I was under the impression LED ran cooler when I started growing. Now I've found out the truth, that watt for watt, LED isn't any cooler at all.

I credit the scrog net that allowed me to better use the full (or near enough) 30" x 30" space for the much larger yield. I'm sure the HPS probably helped as well though.

Short answer: Yep, I feel it was a big success pulling 10 ounces out of a 30" x 30" scrog. Once upon a time I said my goal was to try to match Medgrower1's typical yields in his equal sized tent (which I don't think he even uses anymore). I believe he stated in one of his videos he averages 5-6 ounces. I think I did what I set out to do with this one. Wink
Last update on December 6, 9:19 pm by Tentfarmer420.
A little update, even though I said I was done with updates. The GPK has a better aroma now after some more cure time. It's a good indica, but for me, isn't a terribly great bedtime smoke because it just gets me thinking sexy thoughts and then I can't get to sleep because I'm too horny. Easily fixed, but it's annoying if you're trying to get to sleep, so I'll start smoking it earlier in the night and just stick to the other strains I have for bedtime.

The SBA is pretty much the same as before after more cure time. Still fuely, peppery like. The fuel isn't as overwhelming as it was under LED, but that's fine, it's still there and very tasty. I think I actually like the peppery touch from the HPS a little better anyway. Plus the extra 5 days made the SBA fine for bedtime where @ 60 days under LED it made my mind work a little too much to get to sleep right away, so that's a bonus too.