{{title}}

{{message}}

The DankDen Cannabis Community where cannabis enthusiasts come together.

I have been wondering which of these two growing techniques would produce the larger yeild so I am going to run a test and document it in a journal for all to see.
Basics:

Plant: Cheese Cookies Mamiko Seeds UK Cheese x Girl Scout Cookies Forum Cut S1

Pots:

Standard 5gal pot with Cyco Platnium Series Coco
2 1/2 gal Hempy Bucket set up also using Cyco Coco

Nutrients:
Complete Line of Cyco Platnium Series

Both plants have been topped and are being trained to increase their number of tops. They have been transplanted from 1 gal pots in to their final homes as shown. Right now they are in my veg tent under MarsHydro Reflector series LED light to let them root out some before going into flower tent. If anyone has any questions about hempy buckets please feel free to ask and I will do the best I can to answer your questions.

Hempy Bucket plant

5gal plant

side by side comparison of size at start for reference
The only thing that could make this a better thread, was if you were to use two plants of the same strain and same Pheno...otherwise, I'm still subbing g up for this! Smile
Get My Lungs Right!
Are you synthetic or mixture far as nutrients??? Which ever is the fastest delivery system will be the winner
Medicate!
@vggirl these are of the same strain. Both are Cheese Cookies from seed so pheno is unfortunately out of my control for this grow.

@vek11 im not sure what Cyco is classified as a synthetic or not. I have used Hempy Buckets ever since I joined this site and learned about them from our departed friend ROPH. I switched to 5gal pots of straight coco hoping to increase yield but really havent seen much if any increase. So I figured I would test them together to see which one is the better yield

@vggirl these are of the same strain. Both are Cheese Cookies from seed so pheno is unfortunately out of my control for this grow.

@vek11 im not sure what Cyco is classified as a synthetic or not. I have used Hempy Buckets ever since I joined this site and learned about them from our departed friend ROPH. I switched to 5gal pots of straight coco hoping to increase yield but really havent seen much if any increase. So I figured I would test them together to see which one is the better yield

I also would have loved to see a side by side with the same cut but at least it should/could give you an idea what the difference of the 2 are.

As for cyco it is a synthetic nutrient line. The trick with coco especially running straight coco is the feed/watering amounts Im sub'd up for this one.
Together Rising Up for Cannabis
Res1 defo spot on with irrigation if you hit that off period correct along with a good root stimulants coco is golden! I allow to dry some then water in between feedings. I will at times add an additive along with the watering period....
Last update on September 7, 2:23 am by vek11.
Medicate!
Well i am a little behind in my update but day 9 from transplant and both plants are filling out great. Probably let them veg for a few more days before i move to my flower tent. I see where Res1 is saying about the different pheno since they are both from seed. Next time i will use clones to keep the test more even.

This is the hempy bucket plant.

5Gal coco pot

Hempy is on the left. As you can see the 5gal plant is bigger and bushier. I will defoliate them a day or two before moving them to flowet
Well first off. Sorry for not keeping up but life sometimes gets in the way. But here is the latest update. Currently on day 32 of flower and got lots of buds on both plants. I thinned out the leaves and cleaned up the bottoms. I will post those pictures tomorrow.

This is the 5gal pot side amd top view.

2.5 gal hempy bucket also side and top view.

Side by side view. The 5gal pot is just under a foot taller and wider .

Going to good to see how they finish out.
well the end results was this. 5gal pot ended up with just shy of 4oz. and the Hempy Bucket ended up just shy of 3oz. but since this test was done with two different seeds and not clones it is had to judge properly. The hempy bucket was a LOT frostier that the 5gal but again this could be from being from seed and not clones. I will think about trying another test using clones around spring time once i get new room dialed in good. Overall plant size does go to the 5 gal pot and if i would have defoliated it more the yield i believe would have been higher.