{{title}}

{{message}}

The DankDen Cannabis Community where cannabis enthusiasts come together.

First led grow & grow journal.

Thought this time other than flood the threads with photos and questions I would write a journal + there is limited info on this LED growing cannabis. To give you an idea here's a run down of the grow.

Tent - Gorilla 4' x 4' 270 cm tall

Lighting - Kind K5 XL1000 #kindled
2 x T5 @ 24w each 60 cm with Reptisun 10.0 UVB HO's

Air - Inline 150mm 650m3/h ( I know it's over killSmile)
GSE climate controller
Carbon Filter
2 x Clip isolating fans

Medium - Ata Organics Kilomix Soil
5.5L pots

Technique - scrog

I hope to explain my finding for everyone out there and learn new tricks with my den friends that have led experience.

Last update on November 2, 4:33 pm by BarnaGoat.
Good luck, very curious to see what comes out!
“The ends you serve that are selfish will take you no further than yourself but the ends you serve that are for all, in common, will take you into eternity.”
This will be a good one to watch....on for ride....Wink
Dave's not here
Subbed up for this one. Can't wait to see what you can do with that LED panel man. Smile
This will need some help as well being my first LED grow. Already found the calcium uptake is crazy spaying them with some diluted goat milk.
Just be prepared for a higher dose of nutrients being needed under LED. Especially Magnesium. Keep a close eye on em. Also, watch your panel height. Remember, LED will burn the fuck out of your ladies if you keep it too close to them. Especially seedlings. I recommend 30" for seedlings. LED inherently causes closer node spacing than HID, so unless you want next to zero node spacing, lift it up as high as you can, or at least 24" high if you don't have more room to work with.
Last update on September 20, 5:10 pm by Tentfarmer420.
Thanks for the tip TF420 Smile. Just made a 5.8pH calcium spay and have epsoms on hand to add in the RO water. Will it need constant mag added in low amounts or add when needed?
BarnaGoat said...

Thanks for the tip TF420 Smile. Just made a 5.8pH calcium spay and have epsoms on hand to add in the RO water. Will it need constant mag added in low amounts or add when needed?

They're all different, but as an example, my Botanicare cal/mag bottle recommends 2-5ml/gal. My Sweet Black Angel on my last run needed 12ml/gal to keep her happy in flower. This time, I'm running a clone of her, and have only given her one dose of cal/mag @ 5ml/gal. That was back about 4-5 weeks ago when she was still under LED. I've not had to give her ANY more cal/mag since I installed the MH. She's still doing great on that one original dose 4-5 weeks ago. That should give you some idea of the difference in cal/mag, or at least mag consumption between MH and LED. The difference is pretty staggering. I just flipped the timer 2 days ago, so I'll find out how much she needs in flower under HPS soon.
Last update on September 20, 8:44 pm by Tentfarmer420.
From seed right? How many?

Yes, these are all from seed. Cuts are almost impossible to come by in Europe so I'm hunting for some keepers Happy. Popped 16 of 22 seeds mostly my fault from heat.

Now finding the sunset to sunrise (very low intensity to high then low again) is making them stretch a bit. I need to take clones from all 16 so I was thinking in a week (my nursery is drying a key at the moment) I'll cut tops for clones then bring the light to full blue+whites at 100% from min. 1. What do you guys think?
Last update on September 27, 9:02 am by BarnaGoat.

Here's the stretch I was talking about, the recommended distance of the Kind K5 XL1000 is 36". I've now dropped then to 10". Also I believe the sunrise to sunset if prolonged could stretch them. These were FIM'ed last week and double in height. Now 100% blue from the gate, white at 100% an hour later with 25% reds. I'll be plucking clones so I'll drop them by half in hope to have shorter nodes.

It will be two weeks more or less before I can take clones. Running in to space issues from bad planning. Drying my outdoor in the nursery.

I'll keep everyone posted.
10 inches might be too close for those little plants,thats alot of led power
newhempshire said...

10 inches might be too close for those little plants,thats alot of led power

They have been taken the 10" with stride mainly because I was using 40% of the lights full strength, but today changed everything.

Today I transplanted all of them to the final 5.5L pots that are now on the floor. Dropped the lights to 15" for the spread. I was getting some shadowing. I'll post a picture of the new light program.

Kind K5 XL1000 - Goji OG update

The plants have passed the stress of the FIM and are now in full grow again. I've been moving the light up almost everyday now. My nursery has almost finished drying my outdoor, and will be ready to house my Gogi OG clones. I'll make cuts Tuesday and post more then.