{{title}}

{{message}}

The DankDen Cannabis Community where cannabis enthusiasts come together.

Alright Bubble heads. WTF am I doing wrong? I get great white roots for a little bit, the done brown, then bam a section is dead and a white shoot is coming out from high up the old root. I don't change anything mid beg. Mutes stay the same. Temp in res is always between 58 and 62. I turn a quarter turn a day
This is my set up..
-600 hps
-RO water
-3.5 or 5 gal buckets
-1 air stone per (8 site pump)
-3ml per gal BPN G,M,B
-4ml per gal VPN Calmag
-Pool shock (clear res)1ml p gal

What I think are possible problems..
- I started with root majic to buckets but made the -RO switch to pool shock and I always top feed, so it seems like sometimes after a top French it's a little brown at bottom of net.
-Not enough air stones
-Wrong air stones...I have 3 different kind.
-My BPN micro n grow are 2yrs old
-When I add pool shock to buckets it's too much on roots till mixed, but it's still happen with the rdwc?
Argggg

Last update on December 11, 11:31 pm by Eye Heart Cannabis Cure.
"Whoever said the best things in life are free, must have grown thier own weed" Bob Marley
"Whoever said the best things in life are free, must have grown thier own weed" Bob Marley
TUCA should know this. I been using HydroGuard with my normal RO and all is good. I've yet to try the pool shock.
Get off my grass!!!
Thanks bud, That's what I'm hoping. The tops stay nice and green. But I can tell the slower growth when roots brown for sure.
Last update on December 11, 10:11 pm by Eye Heart Cannabis Cure.
Pool shock has to be adjusted for different strains and if it's harsh you will see the roots struggle (milky like,browning)! Check your system or entry point of your RO water which can get contamination. In my experiences usually the culprit of reoccurring slime is from the containers which they are housed in are contaminated. Certain bacteria fester along grooves on the interior of containers which happen due to harsh cleaning tools(coarse brush), or even chemicals. Which you should clean all your dwc equipment with half strength pool shock then rinsed off with vinegar or h202! If possible always dark or black color containers and keep temps under 70 which you already are aware of! Also check for possible contamination in supplement and nutrient bottles! Speaking clearly from personal experience.
Last update on December 12, 12:01 am by vek11.
Medicate!
Hell of a great topic since I was wondering this myself today.

I'm running bpn liquid seaweed, vitablue & mycorrhizae in my aero cloner. Now does the myco act like the pool shock does to keep the rot away??
It's either 1 or the other with DWC, yes the mycos will keep down the bads for the most part but temps are always of an issue and sets the table whether or not to even run dwc! I'm my earlier experience with DWC and no way to keep res cool I'd simply use aquashield aka hydrogaurd!
Medicate!
CharmCity915 said...

Hell of a great topic since I was wondering this myself today.

I'm running bpn liquid seaweed, vitablue & mycorrhizae in my aero cloner. Now does the myco act like the pool shock does to keep the rot away??

To get roots going just add a pinch of Phos and the legs will run
Medicate!
Yes I'm not using both at once. Mabry I wasn't clear. I used microbes the first couple weeks. Then realized I needed to use a clean res because of early temp issues. So I'm wondering if there are left over micros in the net that flush out some when I top feed with some res water. Thank you. I'll look into cleaning the nets better. That helps.
Last update on December 12, 12:26 am by Eye Heart Cannabis Cure.
No seaweed in dwc
Well hell I'm learning from you guys lol so we shall see

Am I running things together correctly or am I running things and wasting money?
CharmCity915 said...

Well hell I'm learning from you guys lol so we shall see

Am I running things together correctly or am I running things and wasting money?

Your never wasting money just learning, simply put there is no 1 correct way but knowing your situation and what you'd like to achieve from the switch is key,,,,I've wasted more than enough for all of us and them some lol
Medicate!
vek11 said...

Your never wasting money just learning, simply put there is no 1 correct way but knowing your situation and what you'd like to achieve from the switch is key,,,,I've wasted more than enough for all of us and them some lol

Haha yea its most def all a learning curve Smile

With having the complete lineup from bpn, what would you recommend I run for seedlings?
CharmCity915 said...

Haha yea its most def all a learning curve Smile

With having the complete lineup from bpn, what would you recommend I run for seedlings?

Seedlings don't need much of anything to start them out, but I'd best advise if you need to feed them then just micro nutes along with silicate and calmag. Your running coco
Medicate!
vek11 said...

Seedlings don't need much of anything to start them out, but I'd best advise if you need to feed them then just micro nutes along with silicate and calmag. Your running coco

I built a 7.5 gallon aeroponic cloner
Attachments
20161211_131057.jpg (2.4 Mb, 19 views)